Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life is all about BADminton

Lately, it's been easily tired out after work. I think that my body has become weaker and weaker. During my schooling days, I've been very active in sports and games. In Uni, I even took up martial arts. I remember I and another friend of mine Jeremy, was a martial art freak. But that was the past.

Lucky, every saturday I still have sport session. It started one day when my 2ndary school friend asked me out to join them since they don't have enough people. From then on, we've been playing badminton every weekends. ^.^

And then one fine day, I noticed, why the heck everybody is beating me. Why can't I control my shutter well? Lookings at their gears, I saw my solution... I'm losing is because I'm using old and outdated rackets which weighs around a few kilos!! (exaggeration intended. It's actually because my friends all joined badminton clubs and went for trainings everyday, while I continued my chess journey in university life).

So then I decided enough is enough! Time to change. Got hold of my friend and ask him to introduce me an auntie. Auntie?!!.... Auntie who sell badminton rackets lar... With his indepth knowledge about badminton, he named a few specs which it sounds like "the integral of x and y is not equal to z but is the opposite to the beta plus square root of gamma". Yes it's sounds like rocket science to me.

Well, actually he choosed a few not-so-light but light weighted racket which is balance in weight throughout both head and handle. About 40-60g in total weigh. Made of mix carbon fiber-titanium. The string weight was 26G if I'm not mistaken. It means when I hit, it still got some reflex and I won't hit like hitting the shutter with a wooden board.

The auntie showed us a few brands that's within the spec. There's Yonex old timer, Fleet, Dunlop and Wilson. I tried everyone of them. Picking them up and did some stroke swinging around. Before long, my hand had started to get tired. After many strokes, I can't even differentiate which is lighter and which is heavier as my hand became numb. ^.^;;

Then my friend also told the auntie that I'm getting a pair of shoes. Upon hearing so, the auntie quickly introduce more Fleet rackets to me. She offered that I get Fleet's rackets because it comes with a pair of shoes and a free bag. Wow! That's a great offer I thought. ^.^ My friend also mentioned that people are using Fleet rackets more now. So I should follow the crowd lar? Hehee.. But anyway, since I'm the one who ask him to help out to recommend me the rackets, I thought, why not?!

After a few more tries, I finally found a white one that suits me. (In term of colour. The other specs are the same. Just colour is too ugly for me to look at.) I choosed a silver colour shoes, not towards my taste though but no choice, the others are uglier. And took a grey white bag instead of an orange one which the auntie offered me. Seriously, is it me or sports colour had gone nuts. I still remember Football Jerseys were so nicely design but these colours....? *Speechless* Okay that's maybe football. But badminton should be equally attractive as well, no? ^.^



A New Racket!


Yeay! Finally got my new badminton racket! Anybody wanna play with me? I'm still an amateur so don't bully me. :P



It's Fleet.


Fleet Top Speed? Faster than aeroplane?


Chosen Blue String for the net.


Fleet with o'l Carton


This use to be fast too you know? 717 model leh. :P


My fleet bag. Rather dull but okay la. Still can use.


There are two component. Very big.


The top handle.


Accidentally broke one off when I trying to open the bag. ^.^;;


The Fleetbox.


Looks like very authentic eh?


My silvery shoes inside. Kick vampire can die *grin*


Layout view.


Back view.


Jazzy style.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Join My Community

Followers

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP